Thursday, May 2, 2013

Self-Control.

I have none. I have come to the horrible realization that I have no self-control in many aspects of my life. I suppose this is a big fat flaw that I am writing down to hold myself accountable. I make goals and can’t keep them. I, Nicole Priest, have a self-control problem.

Food. When it comes to food, if I have a piece of something, say some Chex Mix, if I sit in front of the Chex Mix long enough, whether I am hungry or not, I will eat the entire thing.

Clothing. I keep telling myself that I don’t need to buy anything, I have enough clothes. Then… I go to the thrift store or I see something cute at Anthropologie, or who knows whatever website I may be on and I buy it.

Student Loans. I make goals to save money and pay off my loans and bills and then I see something cute and get distracted and pay for that instead of saving.

Vicious, vicious cycle.

I need to keep a post-it up in front of my face every day or perhaps even a screen saver on my phone that tells me my goals so I don’t forget them. I get so easily distracted and I hate that. I suppose that is all a part of instant gratification, you want something NOW and you forget about all the goals for the future. I need to tell myself that I have enough clothing, that I don’t need to eat an entire bag of Chex Mix, that I want to be free from school loans and debt. The gratification of paying those things down will be much more than the instant gratification I receive from a pair of shoes… yes, I tell myself this now but in the moment, I better be able to remember this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.