Sunday, February 9, 2014

Temples.

About a month ago I was called to serve as an ordinance worker in the Los Angeles temple. I say called, but it was something I felt that I should volunteer my time to do since I have such an open schedule with photography. I wasn't quite sure how much I would enjoy the time spent serving but I knew that throughout the experience I would be given the chance to really learn about the temple. I work every Thursday and for the past 3 weeks, I have watched my testimony regarding temples grow immensely. There is something so special and sacred about the temple which leads me to my most recent road trip, to Gilbert Arizona.

My cousin Brittnie, who also happens to be one of my favorite people, lives in Gilbert and in 2010 when the church announced the temple they would build there, I knew I wanted to go to the open house. After having food poisoning 24 hours prior, I wasn't sure I would be able to make the trip but nonetheless, just in time I was feeling spiffy and ready to drive. I hoped in my new car- after all, there is no better way to bond with your new car than a road trip, and headed down the open highway to Arizona.

Friday night I met Brit at work then we came home and watched a movie. Saturday morning we headed over to the Renaissance Festival in Apache Junction (you can check out my photographs from the day here: Renaissance Festival Pics) and then hurried back to shower and get ready to attend the Gilbert open house. Tickets were hard to come by and even though we had a 4:45pm reservation, we waited in a 30 minute line before even entering the church building. The spirit was incredibly strong and as a short video came on that talked about why we believe in temples, I began to cry. We exited the church building and made our way across the temple parking lot with the most breathtaking view of the sun setting on Moroni. Into the temple we walked down stairs to the baptistry, through the locker rooms, into an instruction room, through the celestial room, and ending in the sealing room. It was such an incredible experience to have my cousin and her boyfriend with me. I pray that everyone can have the opportunity to enter the House of the Lord, it truly is magnificent and the things that happen within the walls are simply incredible.

The following photos were all taken with my iPhone but I am headed there for some sunrise pictures on my camera tomorrow morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.