Friday, February 14, 2014

Forever Valentine.

I'm not much on Valentine's Day, probably because I don't have anyone to buy something for (I have a problem with buying people I date things...lots of things). I also can't stand the negative and lonely single people that cry all over Facebook or any other public social forum that will listen. Today would have came and went like any other Friday, if it wasn't for Goose.

When I had decided to do Goose's work, I say decided but I just mean, when I began planning the schedule of her work to be done, I knew I wanted to do her baptism and endowment at her year anniversary and although I could have easily done all of her ordinance work in one day, I chose to do her sealing (a marriage not til death do you part, but for time and all eternity) on Valentine's Day so she could spend her first day in the celestial kingdom on her birthday, February 15. 

Today was such a special day. My first thought was to wear the traditional red outfit for Valentine's Day, until realizing, this is her wedding day in essence, I should wear white! My friend Stevo wore an elephant tie, my grandfather loved elephants, and we drove to the temple. The spirit inside the sealing room was strong. The sealer, Brother Mardon C. Lamb turned to me and asked who the name on the card was, I replied, "my grandmother." He continued, "did you know her? Can you tell us a little about her?"

With tear-filled eyes I began telling everyone about my grandmother and grandfather and how special it was to do their work for them. I cried quite a bit during the ceremony, tears of joy of course, and as the sealing came to an end, Brother Gabbatis turned and said, "now you've gone and made me cry, I never cry." It was such a special experience to be able to be there and perform this amazing work for Goose. I have no doubt that they are sealed for time and all eternity and that this is the best birthday present she could ever have. I'm grateful for their love, I'm grateful for making them eternal valentines, and I'm grateful for the temple. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.