Thursday, February 13, 2014

Clever Gnomes.

Last night I hung out with a friend I've known for almost 5 years. I figured we were just going to dinner but he caught me my surprise when he said there was more. John is headed on a trip to Ireland next week and I am headed to Sweden, Switzerland, and Russia so he came up with the bright idea that we would get little garden gnomes, take them with us and compete for who could take the best picture, creative gnome placement, and location. The winner gets dinner on the other person. 

Neither John nor I knew how difficult it would be to find a gnome, which added some adventure to the quest. We began at Home Goods, where the sales consultant had to ask what a gnome was (they didn't have any), then went to Home Depot, where John could have sworn he saw them (they didn't have any), then on to Target, (they had a small selection but nothing like a traditional gnome), and them to Wal-Mart where we found our gnomes. They were great, just a little too heavy and larger than desired but we took what we could get and left. Unfulfilled, John wanted to stop at Walgreens and CVS. CVS had some cute Disney gnomes but they weren't any smaller. 

I'm excited for my challenge and feel bad for John that he made a photo contest with a photographer, but maybe that's me being overly confident. Either way, these gnomes are about to have some fun!

Here is our first picture with the gnomes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.