Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Panic.

As I was sound asleep at 5am dreaming of something spectacular I'm sure, I awoke to my mother, "Nicole, I hate to wake you up but did you move your car, because it's not where you parked it last night." 

Within 5 seconds I'd sprouted up, rubbed my eyes and ran to the window to look for my car, all the while thinking about getting the cash to get my car out of the impound and how it would affect my plans to go to Disneyland today. My car was there, exactly where I'd parked it, just not where my mother had thought it was parked. 

I immediately thanked God. You have to have a permit to park where my mom lives and I wasn't planning on spending the night there and forgot to move my car to the street. It amazes me how quick the mind can go into a state of worry and consider every possible situation without any proven facts. Which leads me to wonder, why do we worry...about things out of our control? Fear and faith cannot coexist. Worrying wouldn't have changed whether or not my car was towed but it was my first response. Perhaps I can train myself to have peace and comfort as my first response. If we could all just be as carefree and happy as this little buddy of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.