Sunday, February 23, 2014

Gifts.

If I could tell you one thing about myself, it's that I love giving gifts. With that being said, I'm usually a horrible gift receiver. I don't know how to accept presents from people and more often than not I'm more interested in giving someone else something that is meaningful and thoughtful. I received a gift today that really made me stop and appreciate not only the gift, but the gift giver. 

I "graduated" from the singles ward back in September- when you're single and Mormon, or shall I say, until you're married and you're Mormon, if you fall between the ages of 18-30, you attend the young single adult ward. When you get married, or in my case, when you turn 31, you move on to a family ward. Not being raised in the church I really wasn't sure what to expect with a family ward and in fact, I was actually quite hesitant to transition. 

Fast forward to my first day in the ward when I met Rob and Gretta Whalen, the most amazing couple ever. Gretta has been such a blessing in my life, truly. She's absolutely gorgeous both inside and out, with a voice of an angel, style like an Antropologie connoisseur, witty like the most educated scholars, a walking gospel brainiac, and a personality that attracts everyone. Her humorous, charming, talented, and bearded sidekick, Rob, is just as swell. Together they are dynamite. My friends are friends everyone wants and needs. 

Gretta, in addition to all of her above listed amazing attributes is a phenomenal writer and works for the Hadley Impact Consulting, who paired with a National Geographic photographer and made a documentary about forgiveness. Gretta does all of their social media and when they were planning their launch event for the film, Beyond Right and Wrong, this little angel referred me. Not only did I get to hang out with my favorite couple last Thursday, I had some wonderful networking opportunities that I'm forever grateful for and know they wouldn't have been possible without Gretta. I mention all of this because today, Gretta gave me the most adorable bracelet, elephant book, and the best card I've ever read, when all the while I feel I should have been thanking her. 

So here it is, my thanks to you Gretta, for being such an inspiration in so many ways. Thank you for being in the right place at the right time so we could meet, thank you for having confidence in my business to work with you professionally, and thanks for letting me call you my friend. I love your face. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.