Monday, June 18, 2012

Things Happen When You're Obedient.

Sometimes I would love to be God for a day and just sit up there and watch all of us going every which way throughout our daily lives.  We often complain about rough patches or certain trials and when it comes down to it, for the most part, the choices we make, determine the situations we are placed in.  If only we saw the grand picture like our Heavenly Father, perhaps we would make necessary changes sooner.

This year has been full of lessons and blessings, of trials of faith and obedience.  It is amazing how many blessings the Lord is willing and ready to pour unto us, we just have to be ready and willing to accept them. We ask for prayers to be answered but we do nothing more on our part.  I love this quote I heard once; "We give fifty cent prayers and expect million dollar answers."

There are a few things that were holding me back in certain areas of my life, nothing large, but things I needed to overcome or learn from before the Lord would provide me with blessings, with his greater intent and purpose for my life. It is almost instantaneous, as I made the choice to live my life better, or to walk firmly in a new direction, I could immediately see why that choice was made. I dated a non-member for quite some time, we broke up and two months later I was endowed. Recently I made some daily life choices and that next Sunday, I was called to be Relief Socity president. 

I feel close to the spirit, inspired, and open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It never ceases to amaze me that when your ears are open to the spirit, the direct and distinct promptings of the spirit fill you completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.