Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dad.

I rarely talk to my dad, horrible I know.  My dad is not one of many words.  In fact, there have been times where I have flown to see him and he just sits there and doesn't know what to do with me.  I love him more than anything, I just don't think he knows how to bond with a girl.  We seem to send text messages every few weeks to say hello and tell each other that we are thinking of one another and make sure everything is ok.  When we do talk on the phone it doesn't last for long... that is of course until tonight. Dad sent me a text about buying a Rosetta stone to learn French.  He thought he would share that with his "world traveler." I started to ask him some questions and like we all should do, he decided to pick up the phone and call rather than have a full blown conversation in text!

It was really nice to have that conversation with my dad, makes me kick myself for not picking the phone up more often.  We tend to be so busy with our lives that it's always a rushed conversation when it happens, not tonight! I learned a lot about my daddy in that 30 minute phone call and he ended with some amazing input telling me that I am not like him of all his kids.  That my brother may look the most like him but that I am fearless and will do anything, that he noticed that about me and that he wanted me to know that. I take that as a compliment.  I love being like my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.