Tuesday, February 7, 2012

But I Want it Now.

Patience has never been a virtue of mine and it is one that I refuse to pray for because I know how Heavenly Father works :)  In all reality however, I am slightly good at waiting and being patient but for now, I can't wait for Saturday and I would say that it is a wonderful thing to be impatient about! I am getting endowed on Saturday.  For those of you in the Blogger world or friends that may not know what this means, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints there are certain ordinances that take place in the temples.  Some of these ordinances include, marriages, baptisms for the dead (as mentioned by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:29, washings and anointings (mentioned in the book of Exodus) and the Endowment.  The endowment is an ordinance in which member of the Church are taught about the gospel and make covenants to live more righteous lives.  As we are endowed, we also receive garments, a constant reminder of the covenants that you have made in the temple. I am seriously sooo stoked to go through the temple on Saturday! If that wasn't exciting enough, my best friend in the entire world, Cait, is flying in from Washington to be there for me.

Now that you have that background, I received a call last night from the Stake President's secretary asking if I would give the opening prayer in the chapel within the temple next Thursday, February 16. I feel so honored that they would ask me this.  I am seriously overwhelmed with gratitude for the many blessings of the temple and everything that surrounds it. As I see so many people struggling in the world, it makes me hurt that they either don't have the opportunity to, or reject, the great blessings of the fullness of the gospel. So many people tend to think that Church Members (aka Mormons) are weird, or odd, they can't do this, they can't do that, but really it's not about can's and cant's, it's about obedience and how much we desire to be happy.  Our Heavenly Father wants to bless us with so much, it's like a giant gift just sitting there waiting to be unwrapped, all we have to do is walk over and receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.