Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Captain of your Ship; Master of your Destiny.

With it being the new year and of course new resolutions and goals, this quote really got me to think about things.
No one else can live your life.  You are the Captain of your ship; the Master of your destiny.  Before you set sail, be sure you know where you are heading. Plot your course accordingly, even if you can't see it, it is there just on the horizon.  Even when you have no energy for things, you have energy... you cannot not have it, you would be dead otherwise.  Perhaps you are already dead... dead to the old way of being you, and if this is so, say "goodbye" and dream a new dream, a new life.  For after all, no one else can dream your dream, or live your life.  It is in your hands... so go now, go grab it with a blind faith in yourself that all will be well.
A lot of the time people, myself included, think that someone or something can make their life better.  If I could just have this... things would be better.  As awesome as that would be to have everything fixed by something or someone, we need to fix ourselves and make our own changes or as soon as that something or someone is gone from our lives, we will be right back where we started with the same issues and the same problems. Makes me think of why Heavenly Father should be number one in our lives.  A lot of people may disagree and say, no, your spouse should be number one.  The thing is, people will fail you, there will be times when they don't meet our expectations, or hurt us more than imaged but our Heavenly Father is a constant in our lives and will always be there for us, he will never fail us. I guess what I am getting at, is make your own goals, have your own dreams, that doesn't mean they can't include other people, but don't depend on someone else to make your success or be your happiness.

3 comments:

  1. I randomly came across your blog again and it was perfect timing because this was exactly what i needed to hear! you're so wise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this quote by? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell people this to teach responsibility. That is what this phrase is saying. Show initiative, make it happen. Don't just sit there and always react to what is happening. Be proactive. Make it happen, with God's help.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.